New Award in Panama!
AESA has recently been awarded the service contract: "PROPOSAL TO SURVEY THE CONTROL PROCESSES AND INTERINSTITUTIONAL AND INSTITUTIONAL REGULATORY FRAMEWORK FOR THE COORDINATED MANAGEMENT OF BORDER POSTS IN PANAMA" .
➡️ Define a proposal for an institutional and inter-institutional Regulatory Framework and the processes between Panama and Costa Rica, including integrated manuals of procedures, organization and functions for the management of Border Posts that regulate everything related to the coordinated and integrated management of borders in accordance with the nature and technical competence of each Institution.
The Republic of Panama and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), as part of the National Human Development Plan and within the border integration process, are committed to implement in the country an automated and integrated border management model, with interoperability and information exchange functions, which is adjusted to the increased demand for the flow of goods and people.
• Analyze the legal and regulatory framework under which the management of clearance at Panama's border crossings operates in its different areas.
• Carry out a comparative analysis between the current national and regional regulatory framework and the new model to be implemented.
• To prepare a proposal for an inter-institutional regulatory framework for the Coordinated Management.
• Develop an implementation plan for the establishment of the integrated regulatory framework.
• Develop integrated manuals of procedures, organization, and functions for the integrated management of Border Posts.
• Develop training manuals for both face-to-face and virtual training.
The Project will be executed over a 18-month period and will be managed by Mr. Fernando Bejerano, Mr. Ferdinando Didonna and Mr. Ernesto Mejía-Traña.