Posted on: 25/01/2019
Location / Country: Sierra Leone
Project Duration: 36 months
Seeking for: Development Policy and Budget Support Expert
Work experience: 10 and 5 years
The contract covers a four-year capacity building package including technical assistance in a budget support context to support the Government of Sierra Leone with implementation and monitoring of the national development strategy. Activities include inter alia capacity building at Ministry of Finance to enhance implementation and reporting of PFM strategies; national development and sector policy monitoring, public procurement sector budget analysis and support to targeted line ministries for budget planning and formulation. Team composed of long-term experts complemented with a package of studies and short-term missions.
Qualifications and skills
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Management, Public Policy, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines or equivalent professional experience of 10 years’ experience in similar positions, especially in governance (institution building, participative planning, coordination and management) public finance (autonomy and accountability), public policies, etc.
General professional experience
• At least 10 years relevant professional work experience in developing countries at policy level in public sector, research institutes, NGOs, or other international organisations in the field of development policies, public administration, public finance, out of which a minimum of 6 years must be at management level.
Specific professional experience
• Proven experience in the field of policy development and coordination at sector level, public sector performance, human resources management and development, public financial management systems, service delivery;
• Proven experience and leadership in policy advocacy and policy dialogue;
• Expertise in facilitating the identification of short-term experts and managing diverse international teams;
• Proven experience in managing EU budget support programmes is required;
• Ability to coordinate the process of documentation of lessons learnt and reporting on progress being made;
• Proven experience in West African contexts and joint programmes in support to policy advocacy will be regarded as an asset;
• Knowledge in mainstreaming cross cutting issues (education, gender) will be regarded as an asset;
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of governmental development strategies or programmes will be regarded as an asset.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toA [dot] BIANCHINI [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 31/03/2019