The overall objective of the Sundarban Environmental And Livelihoods Security ( SEALS project) project is to contribute to maintaining or improving ecosystem productivity and the environmental and social integrity of the north coastal lands of the Bay of Bengal.
The activities to implement under this project are:
1 Restored and improved Government capacity to protect and manage the Sundarban Reserved Forest (SRF).
• Restore, modernize and cyclone-proof SRF protection in light of the new management plan
• Establish a sustainable Management Information System (MIS) to ender to the Sundarban Reserved Forest (SRF) protection and its management
2 Sustainable SRF resource extraction and dependence of surrounding communities on resources gathered from the Sundarban and their exposure to natural disasters reduced sustainably.
• Improve sustainability of SRF resource extraction
• Develop alternative livelihoods for SRF dependent households
• Reduce disaster risk of Sundarban Impact Zone (SIZ) communities dependent on Sundarban Reserved Forest (SRF)
The services provided are:
• Technical Studies(architecture, engineering, industry, etc),
• Project management/coordination,
• Budget preparation and monitoring,
• Institutional capacity building/strengthening
• Administrative assistance,
• Park/ Forest management/ Protected areas management/ Reserves,
• Biodiversity/Eco systems/ Protection of Fauna and Flora/ Tropical forests,
• Marine Environment and Coastal Zone Management,