The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the current and future capacity of public institutions to effectively formulate, implement and monitor sound and sustainable economic governance that is both pro-growth and developmental in its focus and application.
The purpose of the contract is to contribute quantitatively and qualitatively to the improvement of European Development Fund (EDF) programmes and projects, through enhancing the capacity in development planning, programming and implementation of the National Authorising Officer (NAO) in Liberia, and more specifically strengthening the capacity of the NAO’s Office to manage EDF assistance so that Liberia is able to efficiently benefit from the substantial aid flows.
Agriconsulting is the lead firm of the Association and is responsible for all the project activities, included the management of the TA team that will:
• Support the identification of NAO office Capacity Building needs and plan supportive measures.
• Strengthen the general capacity of the NAO office to carry out its role;
• Undertake on-the-job training and capacity building for NAO office staff on EDF regulations, rules, procedures and decision circuits.
• Provide regular support to the NAO office to put in place an efficient management system.
• Ensure the implementation of an efficient internal quality control system.
• Strengthen the coordination and sharing of information between the NAO office and Line Ministries, Agencies and NSA
• Support the drafting and management of programme estimates, planning, monitoring, reporting on project components, procurement, and financial management
Services provided : Project Management and Coordination, Project Implementation and Management, Training, Institutional Capacity Building and Strengthening, Administrative Assistance, Budget Preparation and Monitoring, Creating and Designing Information Systems, Quality Control