The general objective of this project is to provide technical support to the Regional Programme for Border Security in Central America. In particular, contributing to the Regional Integration Process, by supporting the implementation of the regional security strategy and reducing the lack of safety in the streets in Central America.
The services provided are:
•Provision to the Project of high-quality long-, medium- and short-term experts who have the appropriate skills for the assignments as required in the project contract.
• Ensuring full technical, administrative, logistical, documentary, etc. support;
• Guaranteeing correct fulfilment during the programme’s different phases: operational planning, start-up, implementation, monitoring and orderly closure;
• Ensuring effective coordination between the SG SICA and the EU Delegation, and coordination with the other beneficiaries and relevant players, when befitting;
• Guaranteeing the monitoring of the administrative‐cum-financial and contractual procedures applicable to the Programme, as well as efficient management of the corresponding funds and of subventions.
• Guaranteeing the transfer of knowledge and know-how to the various different beneficiaries and players involved, including the local management staff;
• Seeking to ensure the Programme’s sustainability after it has come to an end