The IFC (International Finance Corporation) and ECX (Ethiopian Commodity Exchange) are jointly implementing a Warehouse Receipts Financing (WHR-F) mechanism in Ethiopia.
The objective of the project is to promote a warehouse receipt (WHR) based financing for farmers by leveraging their own production.
The role of the Technical Assistance provided the following tasks:
• Create warehouse Inspection process drawing up a manual containing the procedure and process in order to follow the same inspection criteria
• Inspect warehouses: state of existing warehouse resource suitability, structures, location, condition, security, facilities management etc.
• Review inventory Management & reconciliation
• Review warehouse operations manual
• Create quality maintenance manual
• Field warehousing
• Banking sector,
• food security